** Drug Alerts **
- SmithKline sued over Lyme Vaccine (LYMErix) -- "WEST CHESTER, Pa., Dec. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- A class action lawsuit filed today in Pennsylvania claims the vaccine that prevents Lyme Disease causes an incurable form of autoimmune arthritis and, for some, could produce symptoms far worse than those brought on by the illness. ...."
- ...about Ritalin....
- Prozac - Paxil - Zoloft - Cipramil - Luvox - Effexor - and even St. John's Wort stories you should be aware of.
- National Lupron Victims Network
- Meridia -- her husband took it for eleven months, then suddenly died. Cause of death: "dilated cardiomyopathy" at the age of 43. (Speculating: does the drug block cholesterol synthesis? If so, it increases need for Coenzyme Q-10. We're looking into this and will let you know what we find.) (What we found: Some reason to suspect Meridia's action could -worsen- dilated cardiomyopathy, though not necessarily start it.)
- Waterproof Sunscreens -- DO NOT GET IN CHILDREN'S EYES (or yours either)! However, we can find no verification of Internet assertions that blindness might result from this.
'AIDS' / 'HIV' ...
- Peter Barry Chowka's interview with William Grant, A Dietary Approach to Alzheimer's. "I think you are correct that this paper should represent a historic turning point in the study of Alzheimer's disease."
- Alzheimer's and Mercury -- "With very few exceptions, mercury poisoning is most often not diagnosed in patients because of the insidious onset of the affliction, vagueness of early clinical signs, and the medical profession's unfamiliarity with the disease." This is a section from Tom Warren's book, "Reversing Alzheimer's Disease", on the Web.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis / ALS / Lou Gehrig's Disease:
- First report we've seen of an ALS remission. Dr. Stephen Edelson's case report, at his Environmental and Preventive Health Clinic of Atlanta site.
Aspartame / NutraSweet / Benevia ...
Arthritis / Autism / Candida / CFIDS / EI / MCS ...
Associations / Referrals / Background Checks on Physicians ...
Borders of Science / Orgone / Morphic Resonance / Reich / Sheldrake ...
- Herbal Giant Michael Moore's Southwest School of Botanical Medicine homepage. Michael has assembled more classical and modern information about herbs (American herbs especially) and image files, than you ever dreamed existed. (We're not sure, but we think one of the two images at the top of his homepage is Michael; just can't tell if he's the one on the left or the one on the right....)
Cellphones / EMF / RF ...
Chiropractic / Osteopathy / Cranial-Sacral:
- Association for Network Chiropractic
- The highly exuberant site of Joseph Clifford, D.C., in Tennessee. Dr. Clifford offers Network Chiropractic and Cranial Sacral Therapy in his practice there, and has -links- to further information on both. (He also has lots of graphics, audio, and applets on his pages, so go there when you have some time and the rest of the family isn't trying to sleep. :-)
- Father of Cranial Osteopathy, William G. Sutherland, D.O.
, they may be able to do it. For details on this, visit Life Extension Foundation or John Hammel's International Advocates for Health Freedom site.
- There are some people in Germany and in Canada, thinking about restricting your access to herbs and to vitamin and mineral supplements; thanks to GATT and to the international CODEX Alimentarius Commission
Living and Dying / Transition / Death ...
Dental / Fluoride / Mercury ...
Disability / Rehabilitation
- The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) is not a job placement service, but an international toll-free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities. JAN also provides information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)."
- National Rehabilitation Information Center, "a library and information center on disability and rehabilitation. Funded since 1979 by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), NARIC collects and disseminates the results of federally funded research projects. NARIC's document collection, which also includes commercially published books, journal articles, and audiovisuals, grows at a rate of 250 new documents per month."
DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) / MSM:
- Dr. Stephen Edelson's brief overview of DMSO and how it works.
- Web site of Stanley Jacob, M.D., the "Father of DMSO". (Please read the Letter from Dr. Jacob there, concerning limited availability of adequately -pure- DMSO.) Conditions listed at this site: Alzheimer's, Arthritis, Birthmarks, Bladder problems, Bone Marrow, Brain Trauma or Swelling, Burns, Cancer, Colitis, Eye Conditions, Gallstones, Glandular Disorders, Head Trauma, Herpes, Interstitial Cystitis, Intestinal Conditions, Lupus, Mental Retardation, Nervous System conditions, Niemann-Pick Disease, Pancreatitis, Scleroderma (yes: Scleroderma), Skeletal conditions, Skin and Tissue conditions, Spinal Cord problems, Stroke, Tumors, Urinary Tract problems, and more to come.
Epilepsy / Ketogenic Diet / Charlie Foundation ...
Farming / Food / Seeds / Sustainable Agriculture ...
Fire...? Smoke, at least:
- In Australia, the Campaign Against Fraudulent Medical Research.
- The SuPress Nature of Wellness site: "The tragedy of today's medicine is that people who make medical policy are not the clinicians who deal with human patients on a daily basis (which makes them the only ones who have any knowledge about the realities of human disease). The people in charge of medical policy are the experimental researchers (animal experimenters) of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) who, for the most part, have never spent a single day of their lives with human patients."
- How FDA protected you from Life Extension Foundation for 9 years, using your tax dollars, pursuing civil and criminal indictments ultimately adjudicated as having "no merit".
Heal Yourself / Lymphatic System / Water
- Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj's Global Health Solutions site says water is "the prevention and the cure" for a startling array of ailments that pharmaceutical science hasn't been able to overcome (including asthma, back pain, joint pains of Rheumatoid Arthritis, hypertension, impotency, and much more).
- Dr. Samuel West's International Academy of Lymphology site. Not much to read here, but just enough to give you the sense the man is onto something. We've read his book, The Golden Seven Plus One, and we agree with what's said at the Web site: we don't know of any place else where this information can be obtained. See also Threshold To Health, a separate contract company offering course materials.
Heart Health / Magnesium / Coenzyme Q-10
- How to Prevent Bypass Surgery Safely and Naturally is the topic at the Avoid Bypass site. Both IV Chelation Therapy using EDTA, and Oral Chelation using dietary supplements, are explained. (Also see: American College for Advancement in Medicine, the non-profit organization of MDs and DOs who teach and certify other doctors in IV Chelation Therapy.)
- At the Italian site of International Coenzyme Q10 Association are:
both by Dr. Peter Langsjoen and his wife Alena Langsjoen. Our friend Dr. Langsjoen is a medical cardiologist who worked closely with Dr. Karl Folkers, and found he was able to get patients off the heart transplant list with this thoroughly nontoxic nutrient substance, Coenzyme Q10 (a/k/a Ubiquinone).
- Overview of the Use of CoQ-10 in Cardiovascular Disease (for doctors), and
- Introduction to Coenzyme Q10 (for laypersons),
- Paul Mason thinks you should know about the connection between the nutrient mineral Magnesium and the health of your heart; his Magnesium Web Site is filled with good information on this, including selected writings of Dr. Mildred Seelig, a world expert on the topic. Paul's so serious about this, he's filed a suit against FDA for their failure to protect Americans from the effects of magnesium insufficiencies in our water and foods.
Homeopathy / Flower Essences / Bach Remedies ...
Kombucha 'Mushroom' Tea / Tea Kvass
- Harry and Carol Brown have "the whole kit and Kombucha". :-)
- Gunther Frank's The Kombucha Journal (in 19 languages).
Mental / Emotional / Psychological ...
Multiple Sclerosis / MS(Note: It's our impression that MS diagnoses are on the rise, but there's indication the symptoms giving rise to those diagnoses may not in all cases be coming solely from one dis-ease we've named MS. You may want to browse our Aspartame and Dental / Mercury links in connection with this.)
- Astonishing Success With MS Patient reported in Switzerland, by "Heilpraktikiner" Corinne Heitz, using Rapuani, an herbal item available only there.
- The Tabiet Foundation is "a non-profit organization that tests natural health products on patients, family and friends. If the products are found to be effective with at least 70% of the testers then we use it to treat other patients... We weed out the snake oil. We research many natural health modalities. We can tell you what works and does not."
- Dr. Robert Sniadach's Strategies for True Health site. Dr. Sniadach is a Doctor of Chiropractic and also an IAHP-certified Natural Hygiene doctor. (TIP: click on Site Index when you arrive--lots of information there.)
- A Women's Retreat and Health Program in Switzerland offered by Naturopath Corinne I. Heitz.
- Dr. John DOMmisse's Nutritional & Metabolic TeleMedicine site. John's an MD who fought against apartheid in South Africa, then fought in favor of natural medicine in Virginia. Living now in Arizona, John will consult with you by phone on ways to find out how to improve your own health. (John's The Natural Medicine Newsletter is available at no charge.)
- Do you wonder if you're taking enough, or maybe too many, supplements? Did your doctor run tests and tell you they came back 'normal' but you'd like to know a bit more about what he meant by that? Then you might want to give Health Logic Optimum Health Plan a try. For $25 and a questionnaire they'll tell you a lot about yourself; throw in some laboratory figures and they'll tell you even more.
- William Eidelman, M.D.'s excellent site, The Amazing Maze of Natural Medicine; interesting to all -including- conventional practitioners wanting to learn more about natural medicine and the place it might have in their existing practice.
Oxygen / Ozone / H2O2 / Hydrogen Peroxide:
- PlasmaFire International "manufactures fine quality ozone generators, the perfection of Nikola Tesla's cold plasma design of the 1920s." (You can join the Ozonetherapy mail list from here, too.)
- THE Web site for information and referrals on oxygen therapies: Amadis's www.oxytherapy.com
- Is there hope for Scleroderma? Read this testimonial involving DMSO and see if you don't think so. (This is at the DMSO site, listed/linked above.)
Smoking / Cigarettes / Tobacco ...